The only thing the player should know in this game is that he is supposed to use two of his cards and three of the five community cards to make his hand. In this game there are three types of hands, which are:
The first hand is the Straight.
Having five cards of the same suit, in sequence, is the best hand you can get. The second best hand is the Pocket Pairs. When you have two cards of the same rank with three other cards, you have a Pocket Pair. If you have a pocket pair, one of the two other cards of the same rank is both your pocket cards.
- The next hand is the Flush. The best hand you can get in this game is the entire deck. The reason for this is that there are no more than three cards of the same suit in the deck. You don’t have to remember the rank of the cards, as it will be covered in the example given below.
- So, having 5 cards of the same suit, in sequence, you have the Straight Flush. This hand is best played in any suit, as this increases the chances of having the other cards of the same suit as your hand. The next best hand is the One Pair. When you have a pair, both of the cards are of the same rank. Although the less important, but if you have two cards of the same rank, you have a chance of having a better hand than the one pair, with the other card(s) or rank not included in the set of two cards.
- So, having a set of 3 cards of the same rank, plus a pair defeats the other two pair in the game. One Pair though, when played right, can have a better outcome than the other two pair.
- You will need to learn to deal your cards, as this distinguishes the high cards and low cards in the game of Three Card Poker. Below are some of the situations you will have to make decisions:
- 1)How many players are in the game – set the number of players at the game. If everyone is in, it is too easy to win, but if there are less players, then it is harder to have the winning hand.
- 2)How many players you can play – you can either play against all the players, or only against a few of them. If you want to defeat a few, but not all, you can narrow your choice of hands, playing more than the minimum of three cards, when you have no two cards to hand.
- 3)When you can seen your cards – you can see the two cards at the top of the holder’s card. If you have all the cards, and the flop shows C, Q, J, you will need to fold. If you have no pairs, then you might stay in, and add money to your pot.
- 4)How to react to being dealt a high card – if you have a top pair like Ah, Ks, Qd, Js, you need to bet fast, and no matter what happens, you will not fold top pair.
- 5)Do not play at the end of a string – the same as the first string.
- 6)Do not play three cards, and two cards if there are two players in the game.
- 7)Make your hand strong – the flop must be very good.
The possibilities of winning are quite exciting when you play Three Card Poker.
This game is somewhat like the Gin Rummy, because the game is very easy and you will easily see what card the next card is going to be. However the real Two Plus Two is Poker, so it has its own rules and strategies. You need to have some winning strategy, and you need to stick to it.